West Alabama Schools Dismissing Early Due to Severe Weather Threat on Tuesday
The potential for severe weather across West Alabama on Tuesday, February 23rd has led to area schools to dismiss early.
The latest forecast calls for the greatest threat window in our area between 4 p.m. and 10 p.m., that is not to say strong storms couldn't approach before this time. We're tracking the storms closely, listen for updates and check back for more.
Here are the school cancellations for Tuesday February 23, 2016:
Birmingham City Schools
- No after school activities today
- Dismissing at 2 p.m. today
- Dismissing early; special needs transportation departs at 1:30 p.m. and all other transportation departs at 2 p.m.
- All afternoon/evening activities are canceled.
- Closing at 1:30 p.m.
- All afternoon/evening activities are cancelled
Saint Luke United Methodist Church Daycare
- Closing at 3 p.m. today
Shelton State Community College
- Closing at 4:30 p.m. today
- Dismissing at 12:30 p.m. today
Tuscaloosa City and County schools
- After-school activities canceled
The University of Alabama
- Suspending operations, including classes, at 6:30 p.m.
We will update this list as any other early dismissals and cancellations come in. Also, be weather safe, stay with for the latest information on the forecast with our Operation Storm Alert updates through the day into the night.