Northport Business Forced To Evacuate After Unexpected Emergency
A Northport business was forced to close early due to an electrical issue Wednesday.
According to a Facebook post by Everlasting, the home décor and gift shop was forced to close after sparks were seen flying from live powerlines.
The Northport business made a post on its Facebook page announcing the reason the store closed early on Wednesday.
"Sorry for any inconvenience to our customers who were shopping with us and had to evacuate the building as sparks were literally flying and live power lines were all around and on our building," the post read.
The powerlines were exposed due to a delivery truck driver knocking down some lines by mistake.
"We closed early for the day due to an unexpected emergency. Our delivery driver’s truck/trailer snagged some lines at the Main Intersection and caused a domino effect taking out many lines."