2-Year Old Boy Dies From Drinking Soda With Methadone
Another child’s death is drug related. Recently an 11-month old boy starved to death after his mother’s death from an overdose left him alone. With no way to feed himself the child starved to death.
According to Bessemer authorities a 2-year-old boy is dead after he drank grape soda laced with Methadone. Bessemer police said when Cassie Townsend realized a soda bottle that had methadone in it wasn’t where she left it she immediately guessed the 2-year-old must have picked it up.
When she found him obviously sick she took him to UAB West hospital, then to another home before taken him to Children’s Hospital. He was unresponsive and put on life when they arrived. Read more here.