‘Pack the Bus’ School Supply Drive Saturday at Chick-fil-A Northport
We're quickly approaching the 2014-2015 school year, and we need your help to 'Pack the Bus' with school supplies! But, there is a twist, a collection competition between Tuscaloosa City and County Schools!
There are about 2,000 students in need and if we all pitch in, we can hit our goal! Join us, the Tuscaloosa Backpack Coalition and our friends at the Northport Chick-fil-A on McFarland Boulevard this Saturday (July 26th). The collection will be going on between 11am and 2pm. We're planning a raid on our prize closet to have goodies to giveaway. It will be our way to say thanks for supporting the supply drive!
Studies do show, if you show up on that first day prepared, then you fare better throughout the year. If you were a kid and you didn’t have a backpack, would you want to go to school on the first day?
Here's a list of supplies needed:
- Clear or Mesh Backpacks
- #2 Pencils & Sharpeners, Crayons (24 ct), College Ruled Filler Paper & Spirals
- Glue Sticks & Bottles, Mead Composition Books, Pocket Folders w/brads and without
- Index Cards, Pens – Black, Blue and Red Inks, Washable Markers
- Wide Ruled Paper, Highlighters, Color Pencils, Rulers, Mechanical Pencils
- Graphing Paper, 3-Ring Binders, Scientific Calculators
- Hygiene items such as toothbrushes and toothpaste, and sanitary napkins
Help us 'Pack the Bus' Saturday between 11 and 2, at Chick-fil-A in Northport! Let's do it for the kids in the Tuscaloosa area!
If you can't make it, there is also a collection of supplies happening at University Mall's center court through Sunday (July 27th). The school supplies will be distributed on Saturday August 2nd.
2014 Tuscaloosa Backpack Coalition Partners: A Few United Men, Area Back-to-
School Connection(ABC 123), Daughters of Destiny, Hope for My City, Tuscaloosa
Ministerial Alliance, Operation Comfort, Salvation Army, Temporary Emergency
Services, Tuscaloosa City Schools, Tuscaloosa County Area Churches, Tuscaloosa
County Children’s Policy Council, Tuscaloosa County Schools, Tuscaloosa’s One
Place and Tuscaloosa Promise