Holidays on the River Returns to Tuscaloosa, Opens This Week
It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! Celebrate the season with Holidays on the River, the City of Tuscaloosa's annual outdoor ice skating rink.
The Grand Opening of Holidays on the River, located at the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater, will be tomorrow (Wednesday, November 27th). Here's more about the event from the City of Tuscaloosa's official press release:
Holidays on the River features outdoor ice skating, horse-drawn carriage rides and visits from Santa. Here are some things to know about this season:
- Admission to Holidays on the River at the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater is free for all guests, but guests must purchase skate pass tickets for skate rental and access to the ice rink. Skate passes are $15 per person and include skate rental and admission to the rink for the day.
- The Very Merry Market is returning on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 and will feature vendor booths allowing guests to shop local for the holidays.
- Carriage Rides are available on Dec. 14 and Dec. 21. They last approximately 20 minutes and ride through the Tinsel Trail located at the Riverwalk. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased on-site or online until all time slots have been filled. Kids 3 and under ride free.
- Santa will visit the event on Saturdays and Sundays in December before Christmas. Visits with Santa are free and do not include skate passes.
- Season passes are $85 and include skate rental and unlimited skating for the 2019-2020 winter season.
- The City also offers birthday and corporate party rental packages.
For more information, to purchase tickets, and to view this season’s schedule, visit holidaysontheriver.com.