Photo Gallery from the 2nd Annual United Way Pie Eating Contest
The 2nd annual United Way of West Alabama's Young Leaders Society Pie-Eating Contest on Thursday raised a total of $5,500 for associated charities!
Hundreds turned out under the patio in front of Don Tono's and Roly Poly in Temerson Square to watch all contestants dive face first into a fresh, cold Full Moon BBQ Key lime pie!
Top Fundraiser of the night was Nick Porter from Regions Bank with 3,010 tickets in his bucket prior to the start.
The brave pie-eating contestants and their chosen charities were:
- James Cochrane for American Red Cross (FASTEST EATER)
- Chris Brubeck for The Arc of Tuscaloosa County
- Monk for Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Will Johnson for Boy Scouts of America, Black Warrior Council
- Quentin Savage for Boys & Girls Club
- Richard Ahlquist for Caring Days
- Mike Upton for Child Abuse Prevention Services (CAPS)
- Lance Wilson for Easter Seals of West Alabama
- Bree Clark for Good Samaritan Clinic
- Garrett Powe for Hospice of West Alabama
- Thomas Powe for Phoenix House
- Ryan Stallings for Sickle Cell Disease Association
- Patricia Powe for Temporary Emergency Services (TES)
- Nick Porter for Turning Point
- Lindsey Case for Tuscaloosa's One Place
- Sam Phillips for United Cerebral Palsy
Thank you to everyone who came out to watch the contest and to cheer on the pie eaters and thank you to everyone who donated and helped make this event a success!
Here's a photo recap of the fun...