Individuals and households in the City of Tuscaloosa can apply for FEMA assistance by reporting uninsured or under-insured property damage from severe storms April 28-May 5.

Tuscaloosa County has recently been added to a list of counties approved for FEMA individual assistance.

Disaster assistance may include:

  • Temporary housing, emergency home repairs
  • Disaster-related expenses not covered by insurance
  • Low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration

Individuals should register online at or via smartphone at Applicants may also call 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800-462-7585.

All residents with storm damage should register with FEMA even if they have insurance because under-insured applicants may receive help after insurance claims are settled.

For more information call Tuscaloosa 311 at 205-248-5311 or click here.