Alabama Ranked 23rd Most Puppy Loving U.S. State
As we near Valentine's Day, it appears that Alabamians love their puppies according to a survey taken by the makers of Milk-Bone.
Alabama has been ranked the #23 most "Puppy Loving" U.S. state, according to aq survey called "the Milk-Bone Doggy Love Index." Big Heart Pet Brands, the makers of Milk-Bone, Pup-Peroni, Canine Carry Outs and Milo's Kitchen brand dog treats surveyed 3,000 dog parents to determine how regularly they engage in loving behaviors with their dogs (like doggy kisses and regular cuddle time).
Shown below are the Top 25 U.S. states that love their dogs the most.
TOP 25 U.S. STATES THAT LOVE DOGS MOST
2. New York
13. New Hampshire
18. North Dakota
Milk-Bone also asked state residents how they view dog parents as potential romantic partners, how dogs help enhance their daily lives, and how they plan to show love to their dog on Valentine's Day.
When it comes to doggy gifts, here's what they found:
- 73% of dog parents buy their dog a gift at least once a month
- The #1 most popular way to show love is by giving your dog a special treat
More findings when it comes to puppies and romance:
- 39% of unmarried women prefer their dog to a date on Valentine's Day
- 18% of single men say that having a dog helps them get more dates
- Both women (79%) and men (67%) find dog-loving people more attractive
Get more info and stats by clicking here.