Tuscaloosa’s Transportation Museum Releases The Lineup For It’s Fall Outdoor Movie Series
Each week, a different film will be shown on the museum’s 50-foot inflatable screen on the former site of the historic Queen City pool.
The 501st Legion, a group founded to unite “Star Wars” enthusiasts and volunteer in their communities, will have Darth Vader present at this week’s showing of “Spaceballs” for photos to help raise money in support of Children’s of Alabama. Regular admission is $5 per group, but Friday’s showing of “Spaceballs” will charge $6 per group and will accept additional donations. Groups may consist of a maximum of seven people.
All movies in September will begin at 8 p.m. while those screened in October will begin at 7 p.m. The lineup for the fall movie series is:
- Sept. 6: “Spaceballs” (1987, PG)
- Sept. 13: “Indiana Jones, Raiders of the Lost Ark” (1981, PG)
- Sept. 20: “UP” (2009, PG)
- Sept. 27: “Smokey and the Bandit” (1977, PG)
- Oct. 4: “Jurassic Park” (1993, PG-13)
- Oct.11: “Attack of the Killer Tomatoes” (1978, PG)
- Oct.18: “Christine” (1983, R)
- Oct.25: “Ghostbusters” (1984, PG)
The Transportation Museum is located at 1901 Jack Warner Parkway. For more information about purchasing tickets for this event, field trips and upcoming programs, contact the museum directly at 205-248-4931, call Tuscaloosa 311 or visit their website.