The 2013 Kentuck Festival Of The Arts Takes Place In Northport This Weekend
At one time, the 3rd Saturday in October was the day Alabama met Tennessee on the football field but it's always been the weekend when Northport puts on the Kentuck Festival of the Arts.
The festival has grown into one of the nation's best-respected and most-loved arts gatherings and this year Kentuck proudly continues its 42 year history of perpetuating the arts, engaging the community and empowering the artist.
For someone who has never been, here are a few things you can expect to find on this one of a kind weekend:
- Over 270 folk, visionary, and contemporary artists and craftspeople presenting their work to you.
- Free hands-on art-making for children in Kentuck for Kids and throughout the park.
- Interactive live demonstrations by basketmakers, blacksmiths, woodworkers, traditional potters, fiber and fabric artists, quilters, jewelers, and a glassblower.
- Live music and story-telling.
- And of course, plenty of food!
One of my favorite parts of the festival is the music. In years past, I've enjoyed live performances from Dr. Ralph Stanley, Mavis Staples, Elizabeth Cook, The Sadies and more! This year's line up promises to provide the perfect soundtrack to one of the most unique gatherings you'll go to this year!
|Saturday, Oct. 19th ACOUSTIC STAGE
10:30a - Mark & Anna Lee Palmer
12:00p - Rick & Jilda Watson
1:30p - Tommy Gardner & Patti Townsend
3:00p - Sue ScrofaBROTHER BEN STAGE
11:00a - Toot & Twang
12:30p - Belle Adair (pictured above, left)
2:00p - Deltaires (pictured above, right)
3:30p - Jake Leg Stompers
|Sunday, Oct. 20thACOUSTIC STAGE
10:30a - Vulcan Eejits
12:00p - Hooley
1:30p - After Class
3:00p - The YahoosBROTHER BEN STAGE
10:00a - Clear Blue Sky
11:30a - Blue Galaxy String Band
1:00p - Clay Swafford Band
2:30p - Rayland Baxter