Labor Day 2014 in Tuscaloosa — What is Open and What is Closed?
The summer unofficially comes to an end on Labor Day, which falls on September 1 this year. While many of us are able to enjoy a day of rest and relaxation, there are some businesses that will remain open during the holiday.
Find out which local businesses are open and closed on Labor Day with the list below.
- Moundville Archaeological Park (Regular hours: 9am - dusk)
- Splash Adventure Waterpark (10:30am - 6:00pm)
- University Mall (Regular hours: 10am - 9pm)
- Lake Lurleen Park (Regular hours: 7am - 9pm)
- The University of Alabama Student Recreation Center (10am - 6pm)
- Post Offices
- Tuscaloosa County Courthouse
- Tuscaloosa County License Office
- Tuscaloosa Public Library
- The University of Alabama (Classes, Libraries
- Tuscaloosa Museum of Art
- Kentuck Art Center
- Children's Hands-On Museum
- Mildred Westervelt Warner Transportation Museum
- All PARA pools including the Splash Pad at Palmore Park (Closed for the year)
***The Paul W. Bryant Museum will decide closer to Labor Day whether it will be open or not.