City of Tuscaloosa to Host Monthly Educational Session for Contractors
The City of Tuscaloosa is gearing up to educate our community and make them more apart of construction contracts.
'Tuscaloosa Builds,' a City of Tuscaloosa program to help disadvantaged and women- and minority-owned businesses participate in City construction contracts, will kick off a series of free monthly education sessions for contractors with Contracting Basics on Thursday, July 17 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the EDGE Business Resource Center, located at 800 22nd Ave.
The education series is designed to be a resource for minority-owned, woman-owned and disadvantaged businesses, and will be held on the third Thursday of each month as listed below:
- July 17: Contracting Basics
- Aug. 21: Bidding and Estimating Made Simple
- Sept. 18: Job Supervision, Management and Contract Accounting
- Oct. 16: Construction Drawings and Specifications
- Nov. 20: Forming Partnerships and Joint Ventures
Each session will be held at the EDGE from 5 to 7 p.m.
For more information, click here or call Tuscaloosa 311 at 205-248-5311.